Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Teeth



What's a great movie to see with the one you love on Valentines Day? That's right, Teeth! Nothing gets your man in the mood like a movie about vagina dentata, ladies! My girlfriend thought it would be an awesome idea to see this film on Valentines Day, and she was right.

I didn't know what to expect going into this movie. The previews didn't really reveal much and the subject matter is pretty crazy and laughable to begin with, but I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised!

The movie was a lot of fun. There are elements that reminded me of the tone of Napoleon Dynamite (I know, I hate using that comparison because it is a bit lazy), yet reminded me of the cheaper late 70's and early 80's horror films.

I've heard people say this is a morality tale, but I don't see it. I see it more as a "fun" story where dicks get what they deserve (Pun not intended. Ok, maybe it was. I feel cheap). I guess if more time was spent with character development and motives, then there might be a deeper morality tale, but for what it was it just seemed like a strange and funny horror story about these sleazes getting their come uppins!

I highly recommend seeing this in a theatre or with a larger group of friends. Hearing people's reactions to it really made the experience even more enjoyable. I should also note seeing parts of Austin made me a bit homesick for Texas, and could possibly be a small part of why I enjoyed the film. Not as much as seeing Shiner beer waved in front of my face like in Death Proof (Damn you, Tarantino!).

Does vagina dentata, exist? For your sake, stud, let's hope not. But as a subject for a film, it's surprisingly enjoyable!

*CHOMP*

No comments: