Friday, February 1, 2008

No Country For Old Men

I saw No Country For Old Men tonight, and I have a few things to say.

I had no idea Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman were in this movie. And the Coen Brothers directed this? Really? A movie about two old dudes who have a list to finish before they die?
What? I walked into the wrong theater?!!! GOOOOOOOOP!

But seriously,
I loved this film.

I know a lot of people hated the ending and may not understand it (I'll admit, I don't understand it 100% quite yet, but I don't think that was the intention), but I have to say my only problem was a personal one. I hate seeing pets killed in movies. I know, I'm a softie, I just don't like it.

Also, I was surrounded by a bunch of dumbasses who were only there to see it since it got nominated for an Oscar and wanted to see what the fuss was about.

Look, that's fine, and I understand it, but if you're chatting beforehand about how you're probably going to see Meet The Spartans this weekend and start quoting lines from the previews, chances are you don't belong in a theater with this film playing.

I don't need to hear "What?! Oh my god! That's fucking retarded!" when the credits roll, nor do I need to hear your annoying ass gum chewing/popping during scenes where YOUR ASS SHOULD HAVE BEEN PAYING ATTENTION!

Did it ruin the movie or take me out of it? Hell no!

Some might say Hannibal Lecter is cinema's finest portrayal of evil in human form. Eff that! That guy's Rip Taylor in a Racecar bed of stuffed baby bunnies!
THIS is the new King


Is my review too glowing? Are you screaming "plant"! Maybe you're saying I should go work for Radio Disney, reviewing movies and applying baby oil to Ryan Seacrest's thighs (really? That's the best I could come up with?! Lazy and lame!)

Look! I can't help that I enjoyed this movie as much as I did.

Plus, being a Texan, I kind of had a soft spot for the film (I know it sounds weird to say that with a film like this).

Anyway, yet another movie that lived up to the hype.

Next up...
There Will Be Blood.

No comments: